Saturday, December 8, 2012

"You don't have to be Jewish...

...to love Levites."

Joshua 12 and 13 reiterate Moses' message from God that the Levites would inherit no land at all--that the Lord Himself was the sum of their inheritance.  The Levites were the first diaspora, spreading over all Israel and now over the entire world.  The Levites were the keepers of the Law of Moses, even though they themselves could not follow it, to the Lord's good and perfect pleasure, no, not nearly.

But now I would say that there aren't too many Levi's who own no land, or rent from the Gentiles.  Meantime they have still been very busy,  making bluejeans to bagels, both of which have pleasured people around the world; but have brought neither God nor Messiah nor Their Spirit with their riches and influence, in the majority of cases.  But they have also, as have most Gentiles, brought not only their most basic errors, but a modernist antinomianism that transcends and overwhelms what little remains of their tradition. 

God never promises us traditions; nowhere has he ever said so. His Son in fact condemned them on numerous occasions.  They are a sociological substitute for the Comforter; the Paraclete who bids us be ready for anything but esp. the counterintuitive.  Such as love your enemies etc. How many of us, Jew or Gentile, manage that for more than a few feeble "I ought's?"  Which of course turn immediately into "noughts."  (Then Noughties)

I am no anti-Semite.  I have suspected that I have a bit of Jewish blood left over from the mass diaporas of Israel or maybe of Judah herself. There is a German "Frank" family from Europe not too far back in our lineage as gathered by my mother; I have it somewhere.  But what need do I have of proof?  I am grafted in! Besides, the last genealogies  were destroyed by the "bloody Romans" in 70 AD.  So it is all by faith, and the particulars won't much matter in Heaven.

The real question is: who is carrying on the job once Levi decided that business is business?; do you need a brand name to be known, respected...and feared?  Messiah now leaves us with the original assignment to the Levites; and a whole lot more. We are not to be antinomians but to hew to the Law--but in a better and more universal way. Spirit first, then humility, then gratitude leading to Real Love not just for David's first love ("Oh how I love thy Law." Ps 119)--but for All Of God as He progressively reveals Himself and trains us in Real Righteousness, the opposite of our overweening self-righteousness, or using Law or even Grace to excuse ourselves. Until even our thoughts please Him...but are anathema to McWorld of curse. Only He can do this; if we will at least hold still, not cling to traditions, and see what will come forth at His Touch.

It is said that we have really learned a language when we dream...and pray!!!...in it. What then is our real "idioma del Cielo?"  Is it not some Tongue/s other than the one we think wef know now?  Justice sayin'.

The Genuine and Hardest Question is not how they are doing; but how I am doing?  Will Christ see me as a goat?  Will I cling to my McLand and my traditions, yea, and my hobby horses too? Or will I just be available, as were Barnabas, Stephen, and Phillip? Buy their fruits: you will know them." Do I love the Lord as my only possible inheritance, more than I love myself?

Blessed Holy Days--whenever and whatever they may be.  See you on 12/13/12 at any rate!

1 comment:

  1. Did you get tickets to see the Rolling Stones on 12/13/12...lol


    The Rolling Stones – Tickets – Prudential Center (Newark, NJ) ...

    www.bowerypresents.com/event/176432/

    The Rolling Stones. Thu, December 13, 2012. Doors: 7:00 pm / Show: 8:00 pm. Prudential Center (Newark, NJ). Newark, NJ

    ReplyDelete