Saturday, December 29, 2012

I am hard pressed at this time to express the many thoughts I have, many of them of interest to few but myself.  It is also that I have 3 grandaughters and a grandson and 4 brothers and one wedding to attend to.  The chance of a lifetime, you may say. So the Real must supercede mere ideation.

Besides all that:

It has been very difficult to make the move to Paw Paw.  It is possible that I have upset more people in the past month than at any other point in my life.  It was much easier to go to IN. There was an outpouring of appreciation 15 years ago that I still recall vividly. However at present I feel like the message is that  I am imposing on  everyone by trying slow down so I can stay in pratice longer; the longer I live, the more I see that people make plans but their lives are lived by the imperatives of the moment; few can or choose to see ahead, or look to see what would happen to our call schedule if I pulled out altogether, costing the hospital far more than it can afford to hire a team of hospitalists. 

But these are more logistical problems borne out of my being different hence continually a grievance.

Perhaps far more important is a limited but significant outpouring of comfort in regards to our fallen pilot and crew who crashed coming to get my patient.  I will not mention names, but I would have a lot more of a guilt burden and survivor syndrome than I have at this point, had not the right people (3) intervened. Of course Flo also gave me the message that this was not my fault but an error in judgement in the air; but it helped to hear it from "seasoned" professionals.

Well, breakfast is served  by Stephen the Bold (his chess name, I think) so I will make bold to sally upstairs.  Dennis I see your article and will read it when I can. And no doubt respond.

I might add that we boys will be seeing a pretend "Hobbit" later today.  I will let you know how the "Of Being" fared .  ("Wow! How existential can your get!?"--Hobbes; on life without entertainment....)


.


1 comment:

  1. We can relate to stirring the pot while making a decision that may not be popular with others. As we have gotten older, we realize that purposely staying outside of the Lord's will carries more regret and discouragement. I can more easily handle the disappointment of people than the lack of peace which comes from ignoring my Lord.

    If it's any consolation, we are very excited for your move. Primarily because, even in our limited knowledge of the circumstances, there is so obviously a Providential Hand in the situation. Admittedly, we are also glad for the chance that now you may be able to stop by for lunch sometime! Hee hee.

    I'm glad you have received comfort from the right people regarding the helicopter crash. We've been praying for your guilt burden as well - guilt is a tool that the Enemy uses very effectively, I think. We care much for you and yours - enjoy the movie!

    ReplyDelete