Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Before I forget...

but I hope I don't.

There is no photograph, reel of film, 3D or not, nor any "footage" whatsoever that can even come close to representing the feel of a walk around a lake that is filled right up to the brim. It feels like a walkway more than a body of water (as I referenced in my previous blog if anyone recalls.)  If it were a few inches higher, it would be a mess. A few inches lower and it would look like nothing remarkable at all.

 Lake Kakusha and its caretakers are so much a blessing to me--but does anyone notice this at all besides me? And this is the way the lake has looked for at least 2 months straight. It is all the more wonderful this noon because there is still a thin sheet of ice on it; at 51 degrees F!!

But water and ice can be not so nice.  My condolences to the Philbin family whose son was lost, apparently falling through the ice on the Fox (WI) river.

No comments:

Post a Comment