Saturday, October 22, 2011

"Doctor Elihu will see you now."

On the followup visit:
"suffer me a little..."

Patient: Haven't I suffered enough, already?

"I have yet to speak on God's behalf..."

pt: So;you admit you were wrong, then? That everything you've said until now was just your opinion?

"I will fetch my knowledge from afar."

pt: What? the UN?

"If they serve Him, they shall spend their days in prosperity and their years in pleasures."

I think I may  have heard something of the sort recently.

Here's the prosperity gospel and the Protestant ethic nicely summarized.

"We cannot order our speech by reason of darkness."

God: "Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?"

Big Hint: God is never a patient. But for His inexplicable patience I give thanks--but,no, not nearly enough.

1 comment:

  1. Elihu states that suffering may be decreed for the righteous as a protection against greater sin, for moral betterment and warning, and to elicit greater trust and dependence on a merciful, compassionate God in the midst of adversity.

    ReplyDelete