Friday, March 16, 2012

miscellaneophilia

"It is not edited for the little old lady in Dubuque."--New Yorker founder and first editor Harold Ross; who also famously said, apropos of the Luce empire, "I believe in malice."

Edward Albee went on to write one of his most ferocious plays in the name of said lady, who plays an emissary from the land of death. "Albee conjures up a camp nightmare of what psychiatrists call, 'negative hallucination'--Homo sapiens inability to see what is right under his nose."  --TNY 3/19

Pensee again!  I don't think I could write even an acceptable magazine article much less a book!
(Rats)

"Does anybody remember laughter?"  -Led Zepplin's Robert Plant, in his most recent performance of "Stairway to Heaven" in NYC  The vid is well worth a watch. I also watched Kansas'  live edition of "Carry On Wayward Son" --link is on my facebook page. Both Stunningly Beautiful After All These Years.

Stereotypes do not age well...in heaven...de veritas.

Poetry magazine is celebrating 100 years-- all in Chicago, of all places.  I asked Catherine to get me a subscription to solve her "gift" problem.  This issue is a translation issue with notes from the translators.

I am entranced with the creativity of Kabbalistic poetry but here's the word of a translator: "Working like verbal spirit traps, the poems of the Jewish mystical tradition precipitate a sense of transcendence, which becomes palpable before it is fathomable."

Ponts worth considering--and I do mean ponts:

John the Baptist was right...then he was wrong...and then we don't know.

Jesus's half sibs were wrong...then they got it right...and lived to write 2 books!

So?  So it pays to be wrong once in awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment