Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Agrarian Value Pack

FYI This is about the time that my blog/s go into semi-dormancy because of having, for better or worse,  3 point something acres to look after--great exercise, good for that "winter waistland", but hard on my reading and writing both.  Plus, today and the rest of this week begins a new era of medicine for me, that is, the electronic health record.  I will have a teaching shadow--no not from the Teaching Com.--but from someplace out east--all day today.  Part of me opposes her/their agenda by eliminating narrative and emphasizing government compliance and coding and reimbursement. Medicine by the numbers again--another control grab in other words. Well, those of you who pray for me--today and the rest of this week would be a fine time to do so...

What if TSE has written The WaistLand?  It would be a best seller.

1 comment:

  1. While enjoying my vacation at Rockford Memorial I observed the amount of hours that the nursing staff devoted to sitting in front of a computer entering data on their patients. The computer terminals were always being used and I don't think they were doing their Facebooks. It makes you wonder how much the patients are put off while the nurse makes another entry in her Electronic Health Record.

    ReplyDelete